As I recall, we were all operating under the understanding that Joni was
interviewed for Alison Anders' documentary on the making of "Travelogue" but
she declined to be interviewed for the PBS "Masters Series" special.

Ain't necessarily so.  It seems that PBS was in Bel Air last summer.
Simon's list of "Appearances" at
www.jonimitchell.com/appearances.html#2000

shows that PBS shot video on June 26 and took audio on July 01, last year.
Hmmm.  The PBS website

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/mitchell_j_homepage.html

still says it's gonna be aired on April 02, 2003.  "Steady as she goes,
Mister Sulu.  Kirk out."

Lama

np: the first few hours of listening to room-canceling fiberglass
enhancements which are yielding..... uh.... disappointingly subtle
improvements.  "Telling Me Lies" with Linda singing lead, backed up by
Emmylou and Dolly.  Gees, these girls are among the finest female singers I
could name.  Not bad- for girls.