The Birthday Blizzard Gal writes:

> Well I just wanted to say that I also took this semi-literal...one of Joni's talents
>is to mix metaphors and create these kind of double meanings where  you can take what
>she says literally and it makes sense or  you peel back the
> shades of meaning and find many more

MG:

I'll take it one step further, (mostly because I'm procrastinating about the start of
Moanday and the work week right now), and say that the next few lines always seem to
solidify my firt image.

"It wasn't the one that you gave to me,
that night down south between the trailers..."

In conjunction with my literal take on "falling star burn up..." I saw this as being
Joni and David Crosby and her first album when he took on the role of "producer" but
only to allow her to not be a victim of industry producers who might not "get" her.
Crosby gave her a "star," aka "stardom."

MG - posting NTHC right now. (No Taylor Ham Content)