Thanks for mentioning Avril Lavigne, Victor. I heard
"I'm With You" on the radio, and immediately bought her
CD on amazon. I don't like everything she does, but I
particularly like IWY. To me it seems like this is the
song Cherokee Louise would sing. That was my initial
impression, too. I wonder what Joni thinks of her
(probably not much...) I also like that she's a
snowboarder.

The Grammys should be interesting. I hope Norah Jones
rakes in a ton of awards. I also have to admit to
liking "1000 Miles" by Vanessa Carlton (who does the
background vocals on the Counting Crows version of
BYT), although I swear the piano lick that I like is
actually from an old cigarette commercial featuring the
Marlboro Man, who is also in Joni's Dreamland.

Well, a little Joni content, anyway, at least
indirectly.

lots of love
Anne