you are correct. the only person responsible for Saddam's behaviour is Saddam. howwver, I htink people are talking about the West's responsibilty in puttign him in power and propping him up till they changed their minds....

Suzanne MarcAurele wrote:

I would like to take to task the people who persist in framing America as
responsible for Sadaam and other pigs of the planet - we cannot live two
lives, that is, we cannot pursue our lives here and live theirs there - get
it?  At some point I pray responsibility begins to be an understood word!
S.