Hi kids,

On vacation in Florida, escaping the bitter Arctic-like Detroit weather, and
reading the perfect vacation book: The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd.

Other muses-

1. Current state of the list:
I'm one of the oldies here, having met Les just as this list started. I met
Wally as he was building the website and was asking for photos of Joni's
early days in Detroit. Anyway, I miss out on most of the discussions here
mainly because I can't keep up with all the mail. But I've seen this list
change many times over the years and I'm sure things will get back on track
again.

I HATE political discussions, so that's another reason for the deletes. But
mainly it's because I am just overwhelmed with mail.

I think Les continues to do a fantastic job moderating the list. I always
know he's there watching and guiding in his own quiet way.

2. Grammys-
Sorry Vince, but I still don't get Eminem. Then again, I don't like Bruce
Springsteen  either. Call me crazy, but I always liked John Couger M. better.

Enjoyed Norah but thought she got too many awards. Agree that John Mayer
sounds a bit like Dave Matthews. But heck, he's adorable.

WHAT was Aretha Franklin wearing? She looked like a walking wedding cake.

3. JM's Travelogue-
Heard it once and was too depressed to listen to it further. Don't worry, I
will.

4. Though some disagreed in posts a while back, I think JT's October Road is
incredible and one of his finest of all times. I can't stop playing it though
the title track is IMHO one of the weakest of the lot.

Ok, back to lurking and sunning.

Terry

<A HREF="www.addconsults.com">www.addconsults.com</A>