>From the articles data base via Bob Muller's post came this from

> Anyway, I loved the prophetic comment this reviewer made about this GREAT
> Carnegie Hall show:
>
> "I suspect that in her own way Joni Mitchell may be one of the most
> genuinely gifted composers North America has yet developed. That she
> chooses to express her art in small forms and personal sentiments in no way
> reduces either its impact of its importance."
>
> Look! He didn't even specify a gender! :~) And keep in mind, this was
> 1972...
>
> Bob

 I am pretty certain that this was the Carnegie Hall concert I attended. And
I had been looking for this review for some time - I see that it was posted
less than a year ago. My recollection from long, long ago was that this
review concluded with a one paragraph afterthought along the lines of
"Jackson Browne opened for Ms Mitchell last night. True, he writes good songs
- but his presentation is extremely dull". Les - could you (or anyone else)
confirm whether my recollection on this is correct ? I may be thinking of a
different review, but I do not think so.

Bobsart