Catherine writes:

<< How was this allowed to happen? Are there no licensing
requirements in Rhode Island? Don't they do fire &
safety inspections before allowing these clubs to open
up? >>

I don't know, Catherine. I do know that RI was the most overly corrupt state
I've ever lived in. The former mayor of Providence is in a federal prison
now! The mayor of the city of Boston, however, just signed a law yesterday
banning fireworks from all nightclubs. (It's hard to believe this law is
necessary because people don't have the common sense it takes to NOT set off
fireworks indoors, though.)

    --Bob