paul and all:

we have been posting about it.  most of us new yorkers are going at some
point, and we have a few out-of-towners coming.  i think it's going to be
difficult for listers to connect up (i can't get there until 2 pm, and
someone has written that as the marathon goes on, there's a line to get in.
some people have bought priority access, though the event is free)

what i'm going to try and do is identify a restaraunt/bar near symphony
space that could be a gathering place for listers that want to meet.  after
the event.

also, some people are coming in for the weekend so we've been thinking about
some kind of sunday activities.  i've got a couple of thoughts:

1)  the metropolitan museum of art.  the place is huge, the best museum in
the world i believe.  lots of paintings (more than 20) by that van gogh
dude.  there's a nice coffee stand (with sandwiches and snacks as well) on
petrie court that could be a meeting place.  there's a temporary show of da
vinci drawings that is amazing (though people who want to get into that
should get there EARLY.  we arrived at the musee at 9:15 on a sunday (it
opens at 9:30) and there were tons of people there, but it's worth doing
because later the da vinci show gets 2-hour lines and truly uncomfortable
crowds in the galleries.

the met is also pay-what-you-wish, and i usually drop a dollar.  i go so
often; they make their money off me.  my proposal is that people who want to
get together sunday go to the met and agree to meet at the petrie court
coffee stand at 11:30.  the people who want to get there early for the da
vinci show can do so.  the rest of us can sleep in.

2)  this also looks fun.  i just heard about it today.  and $25 for a live
music brunch in new york is a bargain.  full disclosure:  my company works
with imani winds, though we didn't know about this gig.

---
I M A N I     W I N D S
and Friends,

L I V E    I N    N Y C
@  Swing 46
Jazz and Supper Club

join us for a
World, Afro Cuban, and Urban Classical.....
Brunch
Sunday, March 23rd
two sets...1:30pm and 2:30pm

Guest artists include: Rolando Matos-Morales, Diane Herold, Rob Susman and
others

$25  includes table, brunch and one set
or...
$15  Chill with a Bloody Mary (or two) at the Bar

Swing 46 is located at: 349 W 46th  Bet. 8th & 9th Ave.
Phone: 212-262-9554

Bring a friend!
---

so if people are interested in this brunch, please let me know and we can
make a reservation.  if people like the idea of meeting at the met, also let
us know and that will be the plan.

patrick

np - elaine stritch - i'm still here, preceding monologue