Alison writes:

<< i want to do a whole show filled with
these sentiments this wednesday. can you all suggest
some songs i might not have thought of? >>

How about some of the oldies, from way back when peace was just a dream some
of us had . . .

"(The Ants Are My Friends) Blowin' in the Wind" by Bob Dylan

"Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire

"Xmas in February" by Lou Reed

"I'd Love to Change the World" by Ten Years After

"Riot Going On (Student Demonstration Time)" by the Beach Boys

"Soldier Boy" by the Shirelles

"Sympathy for the Devil" by Mick and the boys ("I rode a tank, held a
general's rank, as the blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank")

"Small World" by Ethel Merman

"Wild World" by Cat Stevens

"Crying Game" by Culture Club

"Life's Gonna Suck" by Denis Leary

"Everybody Hurts" by REM

"Beat of Black WIngs" by what's-her-name . . .

Plus a little Paul Simon, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Odetta and the usual
subjects. Also, are there any bluegrass/folk songs you know that would fit
the bill? (Aren't you a bluegrass expert?)

XO,

    --Bob