<<To me, he's simplistic, bordering on infantile.  He has no solutions.  He
doesn't even debate.  He's a whiner with a budget.>>

I strongly disagree, Jim. Look at it this way...we're passionate about Joni Mitchell
(and The Cowboy Junkies and whoever). We all try and make the world a better place by
evangelizing our passion to those who may not be aware of it.

Moore does the same thing, only his passion happens to be corruption & stupidity in
big business and big politics, and how our awareness can maybe bring about some
change. He wouldn't have risen from obscurity to popularity if his films and books and
opinions didn't resonate with so many of us who also see it firsthand.

As for proposing solutions, that's not necessarily his job as an artist. Look at
Joni's "rant" songs...what solutions does SHE propose? The artist's job is to address
& expose the injustices, the solutions are up to us as individuals.

Bob

NP: Joni, "River"