Azeem wrote:

> Well, I saw it today, and all I can say is that Chicago had better be
BLOODY
> good - damn, I'm going to have to see it now aren't I?!

I hope you do and give your impressions here.  I still need someone to
explain to me further why it was the best picture (despite some very great
acting).

> The Pianist is a breathtaking film - literally.

I'm glad you saw it.  It is stunning.  Isn't it almost two hours long?  I
never felt the time and was completely absorbed through to the end.  In this
case, I was glad it was so long and could tell all of the story.

> Polanski deserved the Oscar.

Despite my mixed emotions, I totally agree that he did.

>Quite what logic dictates that a film can win best adapted screenplay, best
direction and best actor and yet
> not win best film remains slightly mysterious to me.

I think the same old politics ;-(

Kakki