I see there are quite a few antiwar and pro-war songs being released these
days. "Pro-war" may not be the correct term. Are these artists releasing
these songs to jump on the war/peace bandwagon for profit, or just to express
their views?

I heard Clint Black's new single "I Raq, I Roll" which is a macho beat em up
song, but I read he is donating 100% of the profits to families of the
soldiers.

There's Madonna's "American Life", the soon to be released video where she's
dressed in fatigues and throws a hand grenade during a fashion show. I didn't
see anywhere that she was going to donate the profits to any cause, (but I'm
not sure about that.)

Country singer Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue", although
not a recent song has increased his concert and album sales. $$$$$ (as he's
bashing the Dixie Chicks along the way).

Lenny Kravitz has just released his new single "We Want Peace" which he wrote
and performed with Iraq singer Kadim Al Sahir.  As far as I know, it's only
available as a free download on the Internet.

Fleetwood Mac's "Peacekeeper" is already on the charts, but IMO unless you're
a real fan, the album Say You Will is not going to be a real money maker for
the group.

There's more new peace/political/pro or anti war type songs being released,
but I'm just wondering if some of the artists are just trying to boost sales
and profits.

Jimmy