I am hoping that one day we will get to hear Stevie
Wonder's studio version of Woodstock, recorded for "A
Case of Joni." I hope, too, that it's done in the same
vein as the live version Joni does on the "Miles of
Ailes" album. It's definitely got that Stevie
funk-thang goin' on!

I love this live version and prefer it to the waify
original with Joni's dying cat vocals at the end. I'm
sure purists will strongly disagree! But I don't care.

By the way, here's the finished track listing for the
ill-fated "A Case of Joni" tribute CD, which was
supposed to have been released 3 years ago. The ones
with stars were previously recorded and released
commercially; And we get an idea of what Elton John
will dish up thanks to the TNT Tribute special where
he performed "Free Man In Paris" live:

PM Dawn, Night in the City
*Annie Lennox, Ladies of the Canyon
Stevie Wonder, Woodstock
Janet Jackson, Beat of Black Wings
Duncan Sheik, Court and Spark
kd lang, Help Me
*Sarah McLachlan, Blue
Elvis Costello, Edith and the Kingpin
Chaka Khan, Hejira
Etta James, Amelia
Elton John, Free Man In Paris
Bjork, Boho Dance
Lindsey Buckingham with Mick Fleetwood, Big Yellow
Taxi

I want this CD!!

-Andrew
http://platinum.yahoo.com