In a message dated 3/26/2003 11:11:45 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> back to the unreleased tribute, i wonder if elvis costello
> put down his
> 'edith and ' with the Mingus Big Band?

Yes, when he was artist-in-residence at UCLA in 2001, he performed with The Mingus
Orchestra and did 'Edith'. That wasn't the only performance, but there were not many.
We have an audience recording, not the best quality but better than nothing. In his
intro he alluded to the actual studio recording which had been sitting on the shelf
for awhile even at that point.

Bob, days away from tribute frisbee #39

NP: Joni, "Trouble Child" 3/12/74