Kenny B wrote:

> To those who thought the emphasis was on the earlier works; I think
> that's true. Probably because many folks (including me) believe that
> to be her most important and, certainly my favorite era.

Okay, here we go!  I've been waiting for this!!!

"Most important era"?  Perhaps, but imnsho (that would be, "in my not-
so-humble opinion"), that's because it's the period when Joni "made it"
professionally.  Of course it's also the period that labeled her
a "folk singer."  A label Joni despises.

As for favorite era, I'll cast my vote for the "trilogy" period of
HOSL, Hejira, and DJRD.  Lyrically and musically, it can't be beat.

Lori