a friend popinted out to me the possibiltiy of having offend Larry by using the word 'daft'. don't know why but here goes;
in effect i was agreeing with Larry-i don't think comparison is helpful. here daft means means silly.

Larry D. wrote:

Now, I LOVE me some Joni, but as far as Bette Midler
being "not in the same category as Joni", I must
invoke the "apples-and-oranges" clause: true, the
Divine Miss M is not an accomplished songwriter or
painter, but neither is the Divine Joni M an
accomplished comedienne, author or Oscar-nominated
movie actress.  Each is great in her own way.  It's
like comparing Jessye Norman and Yo-Yo Ma.

Peace y'all,

Larry D

www.larry-d.com