Ok I just watched WOHAM and they did say world music. Anyway it was
wonderful and well done and I didn't cry. I watched it with my dad. I
wanna cry every time she sings Woodstock just because to me that is a
mythical time, I was 4 or 3. At one point she says oh I guess give peace
a chance was just a dream some of us had. Being a gen xer I have always
felt a little let down by the older generation that seemed to have all
these great ideals but then just turned around and spit on our
generation with like harsh repression, like they were the only ones who
could explore or get high and now everyone has to live these straight
lame lives and support killing for peace and Reagan and bush and bush.
Like the generation X song, "well the ends always justify the means and
your generation don't mean a thing to me." The only thing that bugged me
about the show is that Joni feels like she doesn't like who she was for
people in the sixties. Don't misconstrue that as meaning I don't think
she should have moved on, I just don't like the fact that she doesn't
like it, I like her regardless. Makes me think of a Velvet Underground
song called Sweet Jane that goes, "if some one had a heart, they
wouldn't turn around and break it, and if any one ever played a part,
they wouldn't turn around and hate it."

She can really paint too. I wonder of any of you know if her paintings
are in galleries or if she has shows for her artwork? My mom and pop
watched the show too, they were not hippies, but, both are Joni fans
now. I'll have a WOHAM on rye hold the mayo!
Ted