Hi Ahmed,

Casting is necessary a lot of times in PostgreSQL (much more than in
Oracle), so these automatic casts won't go away, nor is there a flag to
deactivate them.

1. There is not.
2. Meta lookups always helps, yes

Do you have any specific concerns related to casts? you said you wanted to
avoid "points of divergence," but that doesn't sound like you ran into any
actual issue.

Best Regards,
Lukas