Hi Lukas,

that sounds interesting!

i will give that i try and get myself accustomed with the JSON
Serialisation directly by jooq.
- For the typical REST-Queries that expect nested JSON this should work!

There are some use-cases in my app i will need to think a bit how to solve
them though.

For example:

- We have Exports (PDF; XML, JSON) with specific requirements
- We need to create those exports in a streaming manner (chunks of 250
items)
- We use MULTISET to prepare the nested DTOs that those Exports need to
work with

I guess i can think about preparing the nested data that is needed for the
export into a Row-Like Format (maybe with help of db VIEWS).
For PDF Creation i need to have a Pojo that i can push into my HTML
template rendering engine (Quarkus Qute) and aferwards use Flyingsaucer to
generate the PDF from the HTML.

I guess a flat Pojo should be good for the Exports, i just need to find a
way to Flatten my Nested data into such a flat Pojo (with help of VIEWS).

---

But i think i should put effort into evaluating which use-cases are really
unsolveable without the nested DTOs ..

So i will try with my pet-project to kick away all self-written DTOs and
try to work with the Jooq-Records (Table-Records) instead
and also (as you suggested) try out the JSON-Serialization of jooq.