Here are a few things that bug me in JOSM (which might well be doable):

* When I select two nodes (e.g. belonging to a way) and merge them
with "m" JOSM always moves one node to the other with no apparent way
to choose which node gets moved and which one maintains its position.
I've tried selecting one before the other, and selecting the two nodes
& ways the belong to with the same results.

* When I select the end node of a way and select the draw tool I can
continue drawing the way further, however I'd like to start drawing a
new way with the select node being shared between the two. If I press
Alt a dividing line is shown when I draw it but if I click the map the
way isn't extended, and so the only way for me to do this is either to
split the way after the fact or draw another way and end it where I
would have otherwise started it.

* How does "Join Node to Way" work? I can't find it documented
anywhere nor can I get it to do anything by experimentation.

Maybe this is a problem with my WM? I'm using Compiz under GNOME in Ubuntu 8.10.