Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 22.01.2009, 22:45 +0100 schrieb Frederik Ramm:
> Hi,
>
> Ulf Lamping wrote:
> > Claudius Henrichs schrieb:
> >> I'd like to move "2008.11.14 (1076): The "align nodes in
> >> rectangle"(...)" and "2008.11.28 (1078): If you have the "display
> >> boundaries of downloaded data" option enabled" to the motd archive. The
> >> "Getting Started" section is not visible with 1024*768 resolution. Any
> >> objections?
> >>

> > Please go on!
> >
> > I would say that having 4-5 (depending on the text length) motd is ok,
> > more is problematic:
> >
> > a. doesn't fit on a smaller screen (as you've said)
> > b. if it's too much no one will really read the messages
>
> JOSM could also record the items already shown, and just show those that
> are new.

Also it would be nice, it the motd would get downloaded asynchronously.
Else if the server does not answer JOSM hangs. In the mean time old,
cached messages could be shown. When then the server sends data, and the
user has not performed any other actions, the old motd's could slide
down and the new ones get displayed on top.

Cheers, detlef