Hi,

Rolf Bode-Meyer wrote:
> That's exactly what I think can be a problem for users.
> Users should have an idea of what type of comment is expected and
> connected to this what it will be used for, where it will appear.

Let them learn by doing. Let them write "bicycle ride" or "afternoon in
the rain" on their first commits. They will sooner or later find out
what this is about. And forcing them to enter *something* will make them
think; will make them bring up the question the next time they have a
beer with fellow mappers. Allowing them to simply hit enter will make
them ignore the topic and forget about it.

The "leave empty if unsure" makes it easy for users to ignore the
concept and I don't want to make this easy for them.

Bye
Frederik