Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason writes:
 > On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Russ Nelson <nel...@crynwr.com> wrote:
 > > Can we combine and merge Combine and Merge?
 > >
 > > Combine: combines ways.
 > > Merge: combines nodes.
 > >
 > > If there's no objection, I'll write the patch.
 >
 > If you're rewriting this perhaps you could also make it support
 > merging two (or more) nodes two the location of a specific node,
 > currently "merge" will merge to the oldest node, which isn't always
 > what you want.

I recall that the resultant node used to have the average location of
both nodes, but now it seems to use the first node listed in the
"Current Selection" box.

Seems like if you don't like this behavior,

 > Perhaps the "combine way" has this problem as well?

Not really.  The ways are already touching, so nothing needs to get
moved.  The tags from both ways get piled into the new way.  If there
are any tags with different values in the different ways, you get
asked which value to use.

Cloudmade supports http://openstreetmap.org/
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog