Hi,

I have a new version of JOSM in which I got rid of the global Main.ds. I
hesitate to check it in, though, mainly because it won't work with current
plugins.

If you are a plugin developer/maintainer you may have a look at this class:

http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/josm/plugins/tageditor/src
/org/openstreetmap/josm/plugins/tageditor/josm/CompatibilityUtil.java

It provides a kind of "compatibility layer" to the tageditor plugin such
that it runs in JOSM with and without Main.ds. You may consider to update
your plugins in a similar way. If opposition isn't overwhelming I'll check
in the new JOSM version by the end of next week. Expect it to be a little
bit unstable, you may encounter a few NPEs.

Regards
Karl