On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 09:47:07PM +0200, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Oct 2009, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>
>> Sorry if I am giving the impression of being too impatient, but I have
>> submitted two patches on Trac.  As an outsider or hang-around member of the
>> JOSM developer community, I am not familiar with the workflow.  Will the
>> Trac tickets containing the patches be eventually accepted or rejected by
>> someone, or would it be better to send reminders on this list?  Or should
>> I look up the owner of a component somewhere and bug the owner directly?
>
> Patches which hang for longer time usually have somedrawbacks, as
> discussions for both tickets show. For both I'm still not really
> convinced that the patches improve the current situation.

I understand your concerns on #3412, which proposes a new validator check.
But I do not share your view on #3669, which removes one class of bogus
validator warnings.  I realized that I have commit access to the JOSM
plugin tree, and I took the liberty of committing the #3669 patch.
I will hold back #3412 for now, because the anonymous critic has not
followed up on my reply.

Another class of bogus warnings that have been disturbing me is
UnconnectedWays complaining about natural=cliff or barrier=fence
next to a road.  I might attack that next.

Best regards,

        Marko