Hi,

it is sad that German is a language in which it takes so much longer to say things than in English. (The French probably have the same problem!)

In many JOSM dialogs, the text is cut off in the German version (see attached upload dialog screenshot). Why does that happen - should the dialog not adjust itself due to all the "preferredSize" magic in the UI components?

Is something broken with my fonts? Or do German translators just have to learn to express themselves less profusely?

If I cannot get this fixed then I might have to switch back to using the English JOSM version for the next German issue of the OSM book - what good is having JOSM in your language if every second label ends in "..."? (And as any i18n freak knows, there are definitely languages in which the bit at the end matters most...)

Bye
Frederik

<<inline: u.jpg>>