Am Dienstag, den 03.11.2009, 10:24 -0500 schrieb Matthias Julius:
> Validator just gave me an "Unordered coastline" error and highlighting
> the last node for a coastline I had been working on.  What does that
> mean?
>
> The notion of unordered ways made sense when we still had segments.
> But how can a simple list of nodes be unordered?
>
> This error is not listed on
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/Validator#Validations
> Is there another source of information about validator checks besides
> "Read the Source, Luke!"?

I've done a lot coastline fixing and there were two cases were I've seen
this error:
1.) There are two coastlines connected with reversed directions (I've
never seen this "reversed coastline" you stated in another mail)
2.) There are two coastlines overlapping.

Solution for 1.) is easy: Reverse the coastline so that land is on the
left hand side.

Solution for 2.) is more difficult as the coastlines may have different
lengths and sometimes they are member of relations. Worst case is that
both ways are member of different relations. Then possibly only a local
member can fix this. If you delete one of these ways make sure that
there is no gap in the resulting coastline.

Andre