Hi,

>  I would vote for removing those lokalizations.
Me too. There are lots of them, though, and I even have to admin that lots of
them have been introduced by me. In hindsight this looks increasingly silly. We
should follow more appropriate rules than those currently mentioned in

http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopersGuide/StyleGuide#Internationalization

For instance
- DONT translate messages of unchecked exceptions.  This includes
RuntimeException, IllegalParameterExceptions, IllegalStateException and the
like.
- DONT translate messages of assert statements and AssertExceptions
- DO translate messages of checked exceptions

Regards
Karl