Hi,

Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> I think this is possible, but does it worth? The gpsd team urges everyone
> to upgrade and pushes new protocol aggressively. In the latest release,
> the libgps supports the old protocol, but the daemon already does not.

I think it is fair to assume that there will be a lot of two-year-old
Linux distributions around. We cannot force people to upgrade their
distribution just because they want to use the plugin. Did the version
of gpsd that shipped with Debian and Ubuntu in 2008 already support the
new protocol?

> Can you please comment on including foreign code in plugin? What is the
> correct procedure? The situation seems similar to the org.apache.tools.bzip2
> in the core josm repo.

The JOSM plugin installer does not support dependencies on third-party
libraries so the way you did it is probably the one that is easiest for
users.

Bye
Frederik