Upliner wrote:
But what to do if we have two local osm files where same object with same
version has different "visible" attribute and user asks to merge them?
Silently ignore the conflict and assume that "source" layer has precedence?
Or ask the user to update visibility state from the server? What should be
written in the message box?

How could this possibly happen? (Other than manipulating a saved *.osm file.)

If this is no more than a consistency test, can't we simply throw Exception? (For people who know what they are doing, there could be a hidden option to ignore the error.)

Sebastian