> I suggest we try to JOSM  add some comments by itself:

>Merkaartor did that, or perhaps does it still. These auto-generated
>comments are next to worthless. They cannot replace one human being
>telling another human being in a few words what has been done and why.

Right, but that is not the intention of my proposal.
So comment on the proposal instead of the 1st line only....

But they do improve the quality of comments by
adding quantitative AND geo-relevant details, that are
cumbersome to type and a (re-read my proposal) single
word added by the author would help.

And they do improve on "..." , "shit", "typo" or
simply repeated comments of less than no value.
And may seduce the author being confronted with a summary of
its major actions to tell why.

You read too fast....

Gert

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen wrote:
> I suggest we try to JOSM  add some comments by itself:

Merkaartor did that, or perhaps does it still. These auto-generated
comments are next to worthless. They cannot replace one human being
telling another human being in a few words what has been done and why.

Bye
Frederik