Am 19.08.2010 19:57, schrieb Simone Cortesi:
a reply-to sent directly to the user is there just to prevent somebody
sending a personal mail to the whole list.

Because of the way most OSM lists are set up, I accidentally sent a personal email to the whole list back when I was starting...

A "Reply-To:" header makes it difficult to reply to the author.

That is the odd case. 95% of the time it is appropriate to reply to the list to share the knowledge.

Especially the subscribers of a developers' mailing list should know how to use (and configure) their MUA.

Most popular MUAs have no special handling for the case of reply-to-list. I know the list setup won't change, but I thought I'd add my opinion. <g>