Hi,

1) How could a MapServer-style WMS URL that includes a map=... parameter be specified ?

Like, for an example from http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Imagery_and_data_sources :

http://maps.nypl.org/mapserv?map=/var/lib/maps/src/relief/haiti.map&layers=geoeye&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=geoeye&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_inimage&FORMAT=image/jpeg&SRS=EPSG:4326&;

where "http://maps.nypl.org/mapserv?map=/var/lib/maps/src/relief/haiti.map&"; has a role equivalent to "http://sample.com/wms?";

2) If I try http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?, I get "That layer does not support any of JOSMs projections, so you can not use it. This message will not show again", whether JOSM is in epsg:4326 or Mercator epsg:3857.

(Usually, for me, Landsat wms was working transparently in both projections, which is nice).

This is with version 22937 of wmsplugin, which I get after updating to josm-latest and updating the plugins twice.

Thanks,

Jean-Guilhem