On 4 nov. 2010, at 20:08, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2010/11/3 Olivier Croquette <m...@ocroquette.de>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> sorry to bother you with a user question, but I can't find any way in JOSM
>> to scale an object.
>
> No, there is currently no way to do it in JOSM.

I have implemented it :
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/5652

Could someone consider it for integration ?

> If somebody is
> interested in implementing this, it would be nice to have 2 parametres
> for x and y scaling, as this could also be used to mirror then (scale
> by -100% on one axxis).

This is not done yet, one major reason is that we have first to separate the
selection mode from the rotation/scaling mode.

Right now, rotation is done with CTRL SHIFT and scaling with CTRL ALT. Not very
user friendly, and pretty limiting other features that we miss  but that make
sense :
- modifier for discrete steps transformation (rotating by multipliers of 45°,
scaling +/- multipliers of 100%)
- modifier for X / Y scaling only

I will try to find some time to experiment and see how other tools are behaving.