On 24 nov. 2010, at 11:44, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> The JOSM slippy map plugin does not have a control for moving the layer like
> the WMS plugin has. I guess one could be added.

Other plugins (like PicLayer, ImportImagePlugin) also need this feature.
I think this is part of the features that should available for ALL layers,
independently of their type and of the plugin developers :
- fine tune position, scale and angle (requires appropriate warning and/or
limitations of course)
- transparency
- renaming

E.g. they should be handled by default by the core, not by the plugins. For
specific cases only, the plugin should be able to redefine or prohibit them.