On 01.12.2010 12:26, Sebastian Klein wrote:
thanks to fast development by Ian Dees, Bing imagery can now be used in
JOSM.

great job, thanks to Ian for the fast response.

I really like the fast loading speed of the tiles compared to WMS solutions. In contrast to the WMS I miss the possibility to correctly align the aerial images.

Our data in OSM is comparable to the tracks on Bing, both match the GPS tracks. But the image is shifted south-west.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=18.793812400530697~99.00034211576256&lvl=18&dir=0&sty=h&where1=Chiang%20Mai%2C%20Thailand&q=chiang%20mai

So in the current state I hope not too many will use it as all data derived will have this offset.

I did not check the source code, but would I assume the position of the tiles is calculated. So adding an offset sounds not too difficult to implement.

I did hear work is ongoing for a more sophisticated solution, but can we have a quick'n'dirty intermediate solution?

Thank you,

Stephan