> > There is another option:
> >  * Create links on the desktop, on for each user.
> >  * Change the link from
> >    java -jar .../josm-tested.jar
> >    java -Djosm.home=.../josm-user1 -jar .../josm-tested.jar
> >
> > (Replace "..." by the path to the preference folder for user1 and the
> > path to josm-tested.jar respectively.)
> >
> > This will keep the preferences for each user in a separate folder.
>
> Or use a script to start josm and delete/replace the config files after
> exit.

Thanks for the suggestions but both have a problem. JOSM is set up with
presets,
and tile layers.
If each user had a different preferences file, or the config got deleted each
time, we'd lose those settings too.

Wondering about --D. I assume java is passing that into josm as an environment
variable?
Could the same be done with a blank login and password? If so, how would that
look?

Mikel