On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Jo wrote:

Thank you for your replies. I've been reading up on gettext and I understand a
bit better now. I've also been browsing the source code and I see where those
comments come from now. Sometimes they don't
really help translators and they are a bit confusing, I'm afraid, so maybe for
those comments it would be better not to have them one line ahead of the
translatable string.

Well. A known problem. But better some useless text than no comments at all :-)

I don't know how to create a patch. Would it be OK if I add the complete source text for the module that I would like to 'improve' to trac? Module is probably not java terminology, I'm more of a Python programmer.

For a SVN checkout simply do a "svn diff". Otherwise do a "diff -u oldfile newfile", where diff is form the diffutils. I'm sure for Windows there are also graphical diff tools available.

Complete sources usually aren't a good solution, as you don't see what has been done and the developers will ignore them for a long time before someone cares to have a look at.

Ciao