On 09/12/2011 10:47 AM, Jo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the scripting plugin to create code which lets me validate rcn
> cycle node networks and route relations. What I can't seem to find is how I
> can perform a GET command to retrieve more data from the server.

For /map request see DownloadAction.

> I can
> detect whether a relation is incomplete, but then I'd like to tell JOSM to
> get the missing members.

DownloadRelationTask or DownloadRelationMemberTask is what you need.

> I'd also like to be able to get the referrers for a node or a way.

See DownloadReferrersAction.

We have very few published scripts so far[1]. Even if your code is very
specialized, it might be interesting for other authors, to get an idea
what can be done!

[1] http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/Plugin/Scripting/Python

Best, Paul