On Sat, 14 Jan 2012, Oliver Raupach wrote:

I have implemented the ticket #3910 for the lasso selection. I have attached a patch to this ticket. Please check and test the new enhancement. If you're in the selection, you can switch by pressing Shift-A.

What is still unclear to me: I've added two icons. Are they included in the patch?

The zip only contains a patch file. Binary files aren't included in patches. They need to be added separately.

The i8n-translations I did not understand. It should be add to the class "LassoModeAction".

I18n in this stage is relatively easy. Surround everything user visible with a tr(). Don't create text, but use {0}, {1}, ... instead and add the arguments behind. trn(), trnc() and trc() are a bit more complicated, but not much.
Rule for the dumb:
 * Every user text must be inside a tr().
 * Only a string literal and its arguments can be inside tr().

You f.e. forget a tr() around the action name and BTW also have a typo in it.

Better add patch files directly instead of a zip.

Ciao