On Thu, 9 Feb 2012, Josh Doe wrote:

I'd like to use some functionality of utilsplugin2 in a plugin I'm
writing, but would like to put it in a more proper package than just
utilsplugin2, like org.openstreetmap.josm.plugins.utilsplugin2. Will
this cause any problems? While I'm at it maybe I should change
dumbutils to something else...

Hmm, it seems like it is nearly impossible since the Plugin-Class is a
constant (in site-josm.openstreetmap.de-_plugin.txt) across plugin

This should be taken from the jar file and not from this list. Simply change it and install plugin locally. If it does not work, JOSM core needs to be fixed.

Ciao