On 10/19/2012 10:36 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
Hi,

Someone noticed that there is a plugin called "no more mapping" which
claims to "stop JOSM from working forever".

The plugin has been added to SVN by user zverik and it seems to be a
relatively harmless prank. I don't know the motivation but if the
motivation was to demonstrate that even "bad" plugins can easily be
offered by JOSM to the unsuspecting user then it succeeded ;)

I will remove it from SVN now. Zverik, are you reading this? Can you
explain why you did that?

I think there is no harmful intent, but the target audience is power mappers that are suffering from OSM addiction. In this case the plugin is supposed to help you concentrate on things other than mapping.

Sometimes users install a bunch of plugins (all of them in extreme cases) without reading the plugin description. If you unintentionally install this plugin, it will be very irritating, so I agree we shouldn't keep it in the main plugin repository.

Paul