On 10/20/2012 03:35 PM, Ilya Zverev wrote:
Hi. Paul got it right, I've made this plugin just because there has to
be an option. It even counted days without mapping. My record is a week.

As for installing without reading, I've made all the precautions
possible. There was a big warning in plugin list, standing-out red icon
and extensive instructions on how to disable it after it's been
installed. I'd put more warnings if there was a way.

If all these warnings are necessary, this is a good indication, the plugin isn't suitable for the main repository. I'm afraid, many users won't get the humorous part and will just be irritated.

I guess the user that was offended didn't even try to install it. And
based on his words it got removed along with the source code.

The source code is still available in the svn history:
<https://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/subversion/applications/editors/josm/plugins/no_more_mapping?rev=28821>

Oh well.
Have fun knowing that any of your plugins could be deleted because
someone didn't like the description.

I don't see that happening to the other plugins you wrote - they are actually useful. ;)

Paul