Hi,
It's a bit complicated right now, I'd say it depends on your audience.

If you expect only Windows and OS X users, go ahead. All JDK7 and JDK8
runtimes released by Oracle contain JavaFX (versions 2.2 and 8).

On Linux however, this is not as simple as people tend to use OpenJDK
runtime rather than Oracle one, but not a single distribution include it by
default.
There's an openjfx package in Debian sid:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/openjfx

problem is it depends on this one:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/openjdk-8-jre

which is an extremely unstable package (seems to be an old development
version of the next, unreleased, Java 8 upgrade 8u40: we have plenty of bug
reports with this version).

so currently on Linux users would have two choices to have a working
environment:
- install Oracle runtime
- build their own, stable, runtime (based on JDK 7u72 or 8u25)

We do not have considered the Java 8 migration yet, it's too early
regarding the Linux situation.

I hope when we'll switch to Java 8 we will be able to use FX features too :)