Hi,
I am a core developer of JOSM, the Java OpenStreetMap Editor. If you don't
know about it, it is an extensible editor for OpenStreetMap (OSM), written
in Java 7, under GPL license. You can find more information about it on
[1], [2] and [3].

The first version of JOSM was released 10 years ago, in 2005. At this time
it was compatible with Java 5. We have since switched to Java 6, then 7. We
are now currently considering the migration to Java 8 [4] and began to
actively test JOSM with early builds of Java 9 [5]. The current test
results with Java 9 are excellent as all unit tests are OK.

During the past years the JOSM community has submitted several bug reports
to Sun/Oracle on the public bug tracker. I don't have the exhaustive list,
but 11 recent tickets can be found by searching "JOSM" keyword on JBS [6].

Given this status, I wonder if JOSM can be mentioned in the Quality
Outreach [7], and if some of our bug reports may be considered as valuable
in the Quality Outreach report [8].

Best regards,
Vincent, for the JOSM team

[1] https://josm.openstreetmap.de/