On 09-10-15 17:39, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
>> Works now? Please check that it checks against tested and does not
>> tell to update unless there's really a newer one. SVN version already
>> tell you to update when a new latest is there.
>
> Need to correct me. For SVN it only tells you to update when you are
> least 50 versions behind. So it can't be tested ATM, as tested to latest
> diff is only 40.

Thanks for the quick fixes, the Startup page now reports:

 * Active version '8159 Debian' should be updated! The current stable
   snapshot is 8800 and 8840 is the unstable development version.

This is for http.agent:

'JOSM/1.5 (8159 Debian en) Linux Debian GNU/Linux unstable (sid)'

The Debian package carries a very old patch [0] that strips the addition
of the SVN substring for local builds to fix Debian Bug #598920 [1]. We
may need to consider dropping that patch now.

What are your thoughts about that?

[0]
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/josm.git/tree/debian/patches/05-fix_version.patch
[1] https://bugs.debian.org/598920