On 3/22/2016 11:35 AM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
The new mode allowed me to keep the mouse pointer roughly somewhere
right of centre, and between clicks I would only need a minimal
adjustment to move the mouse pointer onto the fence line.

But maybe this use case is much rarer today, and/or other JOSM input
modes are meanwhile available to cater to that use case.

I've tried it and didn't find it particularly efficient for anything these days.

I tend to use refine way for cases like that - draw a very rough way then refine it.

If it's no longer normally used, should it be removed?