Hello JOSM-dev,

As I use JOSM to map mostly rural areas of the Earth, I often draw minor roads
(tertiary, unclassified, tracks) and minor water streams (tiny rivers and
streams). Naturally, they often cross each other. During validation checks
before committing changes, I always face with the warning that such crossings
should have a bridge and/or a culvert marked. The problem is, it is
disproportionally hard to add bridges compared to drawing continuous lines: I
have to split just drawn water stream in two points, then select its middle
part going under the road, and finally assign a tag to it. And then to repeat
almost identical split-select-tag process for the new road.

This workflow interrupts the drawing process and slows me down a lot. Given
that not drawing small bridges is only a warning, I find myself often tempted
to ignore it and commit things as is, and not to distract myself. My question
is: what are ideas to help me and others in such situation?

Solutions that I can see:
1. Do not consider crossings of minor roads with minor streams as a warning
during validation.
2. Add a resolution choice into validation window  that splits and assigns
proper tags to road /water sections. The warning is still shown so that it is
the person who decides in each case.
3. Add a tool that does the work when pointed to a road/stream crossing. This
leaves more control to user, however I estimate it to be more complex to
implement.

Or maybe there is already a similar functionality that can be quickly adapted
to my needs?

С наилучшими пожеланиями,
Григорий Речистов.
Best regards,