earth."(Acts 1:8)
Release your Spirit upon me and anoint me to live according to your plans
and glorify you and the Father in all things at all times. Amen

Monday, May 28, 2001
Willing to be used
Read: Mark 3:13-19
He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send
them out to preach.  Mark 3:14
Bible In One Year: Psalm 9-12
The climax of the United States Declaration of Independence is not the
glowing words, "We hold these truths to be self-evident." It is the list of
names at the end of the document  men who were willing to stake their
fortunes, their sacred honour, and their lives on a few convictions that
changed the world.
Jesus changed the world with a few who were willing to die for what they
believed. He began with only 12 men whom He chose to be with Him. These
individuals were special because they learned from Him in person and He
sent them out with the good news of the gospel. They were called apostles.
But God's plan for ministry was not limited to the apostles; it also
included a larger group the New Testament calls disciples. They were the
multitude of listeners and learners, men and women who heard Jesus gladly.
Some were just inquirers and followed Him for a few weeks. Others accepted
His instruction and put it into practice, and they, along with the
apostles, were the ones He used to change the world.
God's method is still to use people;  people who are willing to be His
instruments for change in the world. Are you one of them?  -- HWR
God uses us when we desire
To see a change in people's lives;
And when we love and follow Christ,
Our love for others grows and thrives. -- Sper
It doesn't take great people to do great things, just unselfish ones.