Based on some info I got from net..Let's start discussing.

Enjoy,
Varghese
------------------------------
The Catholic Church, following historic Christian theology since the
time of the early Church Fathers, refers to the Catholic Church as "the
universal sacrament of salvation" It Says, "The Church in this world is
the sacrament of salvation, the sign and the instrument of the communion
of God and men".

Many people misunderstand the nature of this teaching. Some goes to one
extreme, claim that it makes no difference what church one belongs to
and that salvation can be attained through any of them and some other
goes to the other extreme, claim that unless one is a full-fledged,
baptized member of the Catholic Church, one will be damned.

The following are some of the quotations from the Fathers of the Church.
They show that the early Church had the same position on this as the
contemporary Church does that is, while it is normatively necessary to
be a Catholic to be saved, there are exceptions, and it is possible in
some circumstances for people to be saved who have not been fully
initiated into the Catholic Church.

The same Fathers who declare the normative necessity of being Catholic
also declare the possibility of salvation for some who are not
Catholics. These can be saved by what later came to be known as "baptism
of blood" or " baptism of desire" (It would be better if somebody can
throw more light on baptism of blood and baptism of desire).

The Fathers likewise affirm the possibility of salvation for those who
lived before Christ and who were not part of Israel, the Old Testament
Church.

However, for those who knowingly and deliberately reject the divinely
revealed doctrine or separate from the Catholic Church, no salvation
would be possible until they repented and returned to live in Catholic
unity.